Academy Schools Dinner Menu
Blackbird Academy Trust Meals
Freshly cooked meals, including a vegetarian option, are prepared daily in our kitchen and children are offered a choice of main courses and desserts. Salads and fruit are always available.
The cost of a school meal is £2.20. We are happy to accept payments for the week, month, half term or term.
Some people like to choose a mix of school dinners and packed lunch for their child – that’s absolutely fine. Just let office staff know which days you’d like to opt in for a school meal in the week, and which days you’d prefer to provide your child with a packed lunch.
Free school meals
Free school meals are available to all children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2.
Children are also entitled to Free School Meals if their parents, carers or guardians receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
Children who get any of the above benefits in their own right (i.e. they get benefits payments directly, instead of through a parent or guardian) can also get free school meals.